The Levels of Fantasy

I don't know that the classifications below would be applicable for any other fetishes, however I've observed that in bondage videos the types of fantasies we produce generally seem to fall into one of the following categories:

1) Pure Fantasy - This type of video exists specifically for the sake of the fetishistic goal.  No logic is needed, and people don't need to act in rational ways or like they would in real life. In some respects this is similar to pure, juvenile playing. Unless some aspect of the video is of personal interest to the producer, most videos of this category are typically custom videos, created for the individual tastes of the buyer.

2) Fill-In-The-Blank Fantasy - These scenes contains all the elements necessary for the fetishistic goal, but is otherwise devoid of any narrative or character (i.e., vignettes).  Any details of how the woman got into this situation, or what may happen to her next, is provided by the viewer.

3) Story Fantasy - The fetishistic goal is created within the context of the story, and it is a necessary part of said narrative, although allowances may be made in logic or realism to sustain the story. This is the typical "Damsel In Distress" story. It's probably debatable if superheroine stories fall into this category or #1.

4) Realistic Fantasy - These scenes are grounded in reality with no fanciful embellishments. This would be things like live BDSM performances, home movies, bondage interviews and perhaps security cameras.