Body Types

I recently ran this survey on twitter to check on the customers' preferences. About one in 74 of the people following my twitter account https://twitter.com/AmericanDamsels responded, so I don't know if that's a fair representation or just about average for polls.

Because we (Lorelei and I, that is) can't shoot as much as we should, we'd like to make each shoot as effective as possible. We're always striving to give the customers what they want so we can all stay in business. So for the survey, I asked about the preferred model body type. The choices were selected from my observations of other, more successful producers' styles. The intention was not to directly copy their styles — as I doubt I could do that — but to learn something from the chart-busters.

For my business partners at FM Concepts, Hollyrope and most of the mainstream adult business for that matter, the model norm is a more slender, natural body. There is, of course, a lot of crossover from the women we work with and those employed by FM, almost all of whom also perform in the regular adult industry. Women with more curves and larger breasts are the standard for producers like Borderland Bound and Superbound, and the curvier women with larger booties are preferred by Girl Next Door Bondage and some others. The results indicate the women with bigger backsides are definitely a more specific interest, and that's probably the clearest takeaway I got from this poll.

I know from previous surveys from the Harmony Concepts days that there is a strong suggestion of Newton's Third Law of Bondage Fans. That is, "for every customer preference, there is an equal number of customers with the exact opposite preference." And that seems to be evident in the closeness of the "slender/natural" vs. "busty/curvy" numbers. Although it does seem the more endowed women usually enjoy more popularity and sales with our demographic.

Nonetheless, the most votes were given to the "other" choice. That is, if a woman has that certain "something" it transcends everything else. Our genre is still very much personality oriented. There's a star system. However, finding those stars is always a challenge. It's certainly not the kind of thing you can determine from a survey.